About the event
Women in Local Government is back for 2022 and will take place in-person on Thursday 8 December 2022.
Despite making up 78% of the local government workforce, women account for only 17% of local authority leaders and 33% of council chief executives – statistics which have hardly changed for a decade. Meanwhile, following the 2019 council elections, just 35% of councillors are female, further representing lack of meaningful progress for women in Local Government. In the context of constitutional change and devolution, it is more important than ever that leadership teams in local government are fully representative of the populations they serve.
Following hugely successful events in London, Manchester and online over the past two years, Women in Local Government returns in 2022 to offer practical advice and coaching on how to address the barriers affecting your progression and further develop your career in times of change.
- Identify the unique leadership challenges and opportunities facing women in local government today
- Learn how successful women negotiate for what they need to be effective leaders
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and attributes needed to be a successful leader
- Raise the visibility of women as senior leaders in local government
- Create a lasting network of women leaders who are effecting change across local government
- Councillor Paulette Hamilton, Cabinet member for Adult Social Care and Health, Birmingham City Council
- Dame Margaret Hodge, MP for Barking
- Councillor Marianne Overton MBE, Vice Chair, Local Government Association, Leader, LGA Independent Group & Vice-Chair, Women’s Local Government Society
- Susan Parsonage, Chief Executive, Wokingham Borough Council
- Fiona Ledden, City Solicitor, Manchester City Council
- Cath Baxter, Professional Voice and Public Speaking Consultant & former Head of Voice, Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts
- Helen Jenkins, Head of Leadership, Local Government Association
- Susie Ramroop, Managing Director, Make Life Simple and Mindset Coach
- Jenifer Jackson, Assistant Director - Planning and Transport, Richmond and Wandsworth Councils
- Shazia Hussain, Assistant Chief Executive, Brent Council
- Sarah Richardson, Head of Strategy - Corporate Strategy and Policy, Surrey County Council
Who should attend?
This event is aimed at all those who aspire to move into a leadership role in local government or those already in a senior role looking to progress. If you are passionate about, and committed to, improving your own performance, and that of your team and your organisation, then this event is for you.
To register for Women in Local Government, please click here.
- 1 place: £295 + VAT (each)
- 4 places or more: £250 + VAT (each)
- 1 place: £695 + VAT (each)